Your final step!
Get unlimited product matches.
Save your product matches for later.
View your beauty feed, filled with content.
FREE Benefit POREfessional
When you sign up today
Get yours before they go! Going, going, gone…
I’m already a member
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store
(For you doubters out there!)
SAVE your product recommendations and beauty heroes for later
YOUR BEAUTY FEED
A stream of Powder content, tips, tricks and trends, tailored to you.
NEVER MISS A BEAUTY BEAT
Get in on all the beauty action, offers and what’s new
The best decision you'll make today!
Moisturisers are a total lottery. You can find people like my Nan, who has remarkably smooth skin for her 85 years and has used nothing but Pond’s Cold Cream all her life, to others half her age shelling out triple the price (and the rest) for a cream that achieves the same effect.
If money was no object then the pricey creams do have plenty of benefits, sure, but for most of us it is an object (a big one). We’re looking for a billy bargain, yes, but one that doesn’t compromise on quality.
The aim? Some juicy supermodel skin that looks all plump, glowing and generally awe inspring, without a scrap of slap on it. Not too much to ask is it?
Apparently not. Supermodels such as Karlie Kloss, Lindsey Wixon and Yasmin Le Bon swear by Embroylisse Lait-Crème Concentré Nourishing Moisturiser, £13. To quote Kloss ‘Embroylisse is where it’s at’.
Dubbed the 24 hour miracle cream of the 1950s we’d say it’s a distant cousin of Cold Cream and E45, but with that French pharmacy chic thing going on. But mainly, the stuff works!
Here are five reasons why we love it:
1. As a moistuiser it has fatty acids and vitamins to condition skin without feeling too greasy
2. It smells super fresh and cools skin as you slather it on.
3. It dries faintly matte, making it an excellent primer for make-up (particularly if you just have a light foundation as it glows through).
4. You can use it as a cleanser if skin is feeling particularly dry and sensitive
5. One of our favourite ways to use it is to liberally slap it on before bed as an overnight face mask.
And it’s just over a tenner! You can thank us later – we like anything in a chilled bottle – preferably with a cork.