Your final step!
Get unlimited product matches.
Save your product matches for later.
View your beauty feed, filled with content.
I’m already a member
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store
(For you doubters out there!)
SAVE your product recommendations and beauty heroes for later
YOUR BEAUTY FEED
A stream of Powder content, tips, tricks and trends, tailored to you.
NEVER MISS A BEAUTY BEAT
Get in on all the beauty action, offers and what’s new
The best decision you'll make today!
Is there anyone in the world who doesn't want rippling abs and that defined line down the stomach? Thought not. That's why we spoke to Jess Schuring, Founder of Heartcore to find out the best ways to get abs in 2 weeks flat from the comfort of your own home - with these core strengthening exercises we can guarantee you'll be looking like a supermodel in no time, even while exercising.
- The Hollow Hold
“Try this one at the beginning of a workout – it will engage your core - or at the end as a finishing exercise,” says Schuring.
- Lie on your back with your arms and fingers pointing up to the sky and your legs up and bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Extend your legs out to a 45 degree angle and squeeze your inner thighs together, making sure your lower back stays connected to the ground.
- Roll just the shoulders off the floor, pulling the ribcage down and drawing the abdominal muscles in, keeping your lower back on the floor.
- Make sure to keep your chin a couple of inches off your chest
“It’s important to keep the breath constant to keep the full mid-section and core engaged,” she says. Try and hold for 30 – 60 seconds at a time.
- Star Crunch
“Make sure to keep the lower back from arching off of the floor during this exercise and move slowly and with control.”
- Lie on your back like a starfish.
- Draw one leg up to the sky and reach your opposite hand to touch your toes. Exhale as you do this.
- Perform 20 reps, taking 2 seconds to move upwards and 4 seconds to move back down.
“For this one make sure you take long, slow breaths throughout – it helps to engage the abdominal muscles.”
- Start in a push-up position.
- Lower your forearms to the ground so that your elbows and fists are flat on it. Your elbows should be directly underneath your shoulders.
- Curl your toes under and engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Straighten your body but keep your neck and spine neutral, as if you’re a plank of wood.
- Curtsy Lunge
"An exercise that really helps sculpt and define the glute medius, the muscle responsible for 'back dimples'." Schuring recommends it for helping knee and hip issues.
- Standing up, feet hip width apart, cross one leg behind the other and lunge back as if you were performing a curtsy.
- The front knee should stay aligned with the ankle.
- Make sure you keep your torso upright and pause for three seconds at the bottom.
- Repeat 24 times, switching sides each time.
- The Chisler
“A burner that does great things for your waistline and, added benefit, bum too.”
- Come into table top position– the other way round this time, on all fours, with your knees and hands on the floor. Make sure your hands are directly below shoulders and your knees are in line with your hips.
- Draw your shoulders down and back and keep your chin off your chest.
- Draw your belly button inwards and lift your leg out to the side, keeping the 90 degree bend.
- Lift your knee as high as you can until you feel your glutes burning.
- From here, draw 20 tiny circles into the air in both directions (clockwise and anti-clockwise), leading with your knee.
- Then change to the other side.
All you need now is the best in breathable makeup to break a sweat in. And for after? Keep hair looking good with a dry shampoo. Find your perfect one now...