Your final step!
Get unlimited product matches.
Save your product matches for later.
View your beauty feed, filled with content.
I’m already a member
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store
(For you doubters out there!)
SAVE your product recommendations and beauty heroes for later
YOUR BEAUTY FEED
A stream of Powder content, tips, tricks and trends, tailored to you.
NEVER MISS A BEAUTY BEAT
Get in on all the beauty action, offers and what’s new
The best decision you'll make today!
A good mascara is like a good bra. It has the power to give you confidence and it completes you look (a chic Victoriana shirt is completely ruined if your boobs are tickling your toes). And just like a tip top bra, you don’t need to shell out a large proportion of your wealth to find a really great one. There are plenty of really good, cheap mascaras that you can pick up from Boots or Superdrug. There are plenty of designer mascaras surpassing the £20 mark, but why bother when these beauties are on the market…
1. Revlon Mega Multiplier Mascara, £7.99 - Whoof do we love this mascara. If you want lashes that go on for days and flutter like butterfly wings, then look no further. Revlon’s snazzy technology of fibers sealed in 360° tubes, is a total winner for everyone. Don’t believe us? Take a look at the model in the photo. She’s wearing it and she looks pretty damn good.
2. Maybelline Great Lash, £4.99 – The original. The classic. There’s a reason that this mascara has had a cult following for over twenty years. Let’s be clear about one thing, this isn’t what we’d recommend for a big smokey eye on a night out, but for everyday fluttery eyes, this is the ONE.
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded, £6.99 – Here’s your smokey eye mascara. It’s big, bold and extremely black. Pair with their Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Blackmail and you’ve got yourself an eye that Kate Moss would be jealous of.
4. L’Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara, £7.99 – We’ve tried some pretty pricey mascaras in our time and we actually feel like this is better quality for half the price. Thanks to it’s bendy wand, it’s super easy to apply – start at the base of the lashes and zig-zag up. You can do this a few times and it won’t clump.
5. Primark PS Eyeconic Mascara, £2 – At £2 this is the cheapest one on our list, but do not be put off by the price tag this is an excellent highstreet makeup addition. This wand coats every single one of your lashes and gives you that much-desired full lash look. Use the extra cash you have left to buy something sparkly.
6. Bourjois Volume Reveal Mascara, £9.99 – The first plus point for this Bourjois mascara is that it has a little mirror on the side of the tube, so it’s excellent for quick top ups in taxis/commuters on the go or time strapped mums. The second is that it has the most perfectly even brush we’ve ever seen, so it gives an equally even full lash look.
Photographer: Benjamin Madgwick, Makeup artist: Lan Nguyen-Grealis, using Revlon
If none of these take your fancy, why not try out our mascara quiz to find the perfect mascara for you…